How much do you feed your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abigail Hudson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two good sized platys and two regular sized hatchet fish. How much and how often do i feed them?

Abigail Hudson said:
I have two good sized platys and two regular sized hatchet fish. How much and how often do i feed them?

By the way i use tetra tropical flakes

I feed mine once a day. Platys are little hogs though. Atleast mine are. They always seem hungry, just make sure not to overfeed. I heard that its as much as they can eat in 2 minutes. Give them little pinches at a time and feel it out and see how much and fast they eat.
Over time we know how much and how fast our fish eat so we know how much to put in there at a time. Some swim away when theyre full, some dont lol

Feeding Your Fish Question

Good morning Abi...

I have several large tanks of Fancy Guppies, they're very active little guys and always have a lot of fry in the tanks, so I feed a variety of flakes and frozen a couple of times a day. I feed just the amount the fish will eat in a couple of minutes.

I have a rule that if any food makes it to the bottom of the tank, then I've put in a little too much. After a while, you get the hang of feeding. I read once, a fish's stomach is the size of it's eye, so it doesn't need much. In their natural habitat, food isn't always available. They may go a couple of days without, so feed just a little. That's the way "Mother Nature" does it.

B

Same here. Thats my boyfriends moto. If food starts making it to the bottom, theyre done lol. The little scavengers go eat stuff off the bottom anyways

Back
Top Bottom