How much litres does each tray hold in SunSun canister filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sealife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a 1200lph SunSun canister filter from Ebay. It has 3 trays for media. But does not come with media. I wanted to fill 1 tray with Seachem Matrix, but I dont know how many litres of Matrix to buy to fill up the tray. Does anyone know how much would fill it up?

I wanted to put ceramic noodles and course foam on bottom tray. Seachem Matrix in middle tray. And polish foam/pads in top tray.

Thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good Timing!! 1 litre if matrix should completely fill the top tray! Marineland foam fits as well.. just thought I'd share, it's pretty cheap over here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hello,
Whats marineland foam look like? I could try find it on ebay.
Also, what is good timing?
Thank you for the response.

Hello,
Whats marineland foam look like? I could try find it on ebay.
Also, what is good timing?
Thank you for the response.

Good timing because I just set one up a few weeks ago and just ordered another, also figured out 500g. Was not enough matrix to fill the tray;) linky link..
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000OQRLHK?pc_redir=1414378186&robot_redir=1

Thank you.
Are they good filters? Is water crystal clear?
What size filter do you have on which size tank?

Thanks.

Thank you.
Are they good filters? Is water crystal clear?
What size filter do you have on which size tank?

Thanks.

You never really know how clear your water is until you do a wc and dump it in a white sink... my water is 100% crystal clear:) I run a 304b on a 30l, ac 70 too. 200ml. Of purigen in the can..

Very nice. Do you have a picture of the tank and water? Can I also ask how exactly u put media in the filter?
Thanks.

Sure do! In the sunsun from bottom to top, coarse foam, floss pad 200ml purigen and bio balls, seachem matrix. The aqua clear has foam, fiber pad and biomax..

Attachments

• 1415907374285.jpg
    1415907374285.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 93
I use fluval ceramic prefilter rings in the bottom tray, with the pads/foam in the second tray and then third and fourth trays are full of biomax. There are MANY ways to set up the filter.

Thanks guys. Im excited. I dont know much about sunsun filters. I'm used to eheim canisters. And I have just bought it on ebay so im still waiting for it to get delivered.
What model is my sunsun canister? 1200lph, 3 trays, no uv. Ebay listing did not specify.

Also, its 25watts.
Thanks.

That's the 302 model I think. Either that or the 303 - 1200 Lph is right between their respective 265 and 370 GPH ratings so I'm not sure.

Lol thanks. Anyone know the exact model number?

I just found out its biopro ef-1200. Where can I find course pads and polishing pads for this filter?

Ill let you know what works off the shelf, mine just showed up today actually.. smaller than the the 304b.. stand by..

Whats the parent company for this called. Theres millions of them all over ebay, all the exact same just different logo name.

Back
Top Bottom