How much should I expect to pay...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysoho

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, since the free (used) 55 gallon tank I received bowes nearly an INCH when full, I've decided me worrying while I'm away from the tank is not a way to enjoy a new tank. Soooo, my momma surprised me with a little allowance money and I am wondering how much I should expect to pay for a 55 gallon tank. I'd like to hear about what I should expect to pay for a new 55 gallon tank. Bboth glass and acrylic tanks (including acrylic that is 1/2 inch and 1 inch thick...) if possible. Thanks guys!! I tried searching the net for some prices, but I couldn't find anything except kits, but I've got everything except a safe tank now.

I was also thinking about getting one (55 gal glass). The shop here told me $129.00. Knowing the prices around here though it is probably overpriced.

cool... wish my car would work so I could drive to the next town where the petsmart is... any word on acrylic?

i dont know about acrylic but glasscages.com in very underpriced imo. Around me i would ahve to pay probly around 90-100$$ for a 55. A 40 near me is 70$.

glasscages are cheaper because they makeand sell them.I have several and love the wide variety of odd sizes.-Anne

btw tanks at petsmart are made by perfecto

and if you think about it with shipping its about the same..........just thaught i would add that.

man... too bad I'm about 2 1/2 hours from the S.C. boarder... all those curvey mountain roads... Well, I'm going to check two fish stores tomorrow...one is a 25 minute drive :| but hopefully it will be worth it

Back
Top Bottom