How much spirulina?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cJw

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I got ahold of some spirulina wafers a couple weeks ago for my pleco, cories and yoyo, and am now wondering about how much to feed them.

1 clown pleco, 3 cories, 1 yoyo, and about 12 ghost shrimp chow down on 'em whenever they're near the wafers, but the gold barbs absolutely attack the wafers if I feed while the lights are on, so I rarely do that.

I've been dropping them in after the lights are out and generally right before bed, but I'm not sure how much they need. I want to have a better idea so I don't get into an overfeeding habit... :cough, cough, again, cough cough:

so, to restate:

1 pleco
1 yoyo
3 cories
2 otos
12-15 shrimp

will eat how many spirulina wafers?[/google]

:edit:
a google tag? huh!? i didn't do that!?
:/edit:

What brand are they?

I feed the same/similar fish both the Hikari algae wafers and the Wardley's algae wafers. I like the Wardleys because they acutally have a LOT of spriulina in them, but the Hikari ones don't disintegrate quite so much.

For your fish, I would take 2 wafers, break them in half, and that should be enough each day.

It also depends on how large your pleco is and my suggestion is assuming that your pleco is 3-5 inches. . .

That's good to hear Yucca; I've been feeding them 2 wafers, broken into halves, just about every night. I wanted to make sure that wasn't too much.

I bought the Wardley wafers from my lfs. :)

my lfs, told me to feed one whole one, twice or three times a week, but i only had one pleco, and the store employees are kinda dumb....

Back
Top Bottom