How much would neons cost ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me I found the Neons a bit more hardy than the Cardinals. The Cardinals are much more susceptible to a change in water parameters than the Neons. Also the Cardinals are about $2.99 here versus the $1.09 for the Neons. The Cardinals have the red stripe that run all the way down the lower half of the body when the Neon's goes only about half way. My Cardinals were about double the size of the Neons also. I started with 5 Cardinals and within 3 weeks all had died:(. I was checking my water parameters daily after the first died and they were normal and stable. Only one of my Neons have died since. I asked the LFS and the guy there told me that the Cardinals were much more susceptible to very slight changes in water condition and should only be put in very established tanks... Also they say at a minimum you should have no less than 6 Cardinals or Neons but preferably 10+, the more the merrier with these fish. Just my 2 cents hope it helps, let us know what you decide and how they do!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom