how much would you pay for.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarMedina1010

Aquarium Advice Freak
how much would you pay for a 10 gal. tank with gravel,decor.(includes background), air pump (includes air hose), heater, filter , food, lighting (hood). net........ give me a good estimate.....

I'd probably be willing to toss $30-40 for a complete 10 gal set up, but that's just because it's been my experience that even if it comes with everything, at least one thing will not be to my taste or will be inadequate and more money would need to be spent any ways. However, if it sounded really good (just the kind of filter I like, looks good, etc), then I might pay more. It really depends.

Aside from quality of the items, the condition they are in makes a difference. I have gone to look at tanks with all the trimmings only to leave because the airpumps did not work/made odd noises or the amount of crud on the glass. If it's a killer deal, then I am willing to put in some work, but I would not pay above $30 and I would ask how old the food is. If the tank is in great condition, then I would consider the cost of the equipment and might spend as much as $40-50.

Like the others said, no more than $40 unless it has top-notch equipment.

I bought my complete 10g tank as a kit at Wal-mart for $20. Had everything but a stand, gravel, and fish. Stand was $4 in some scrap lumber ;)

well if comes from soneon like me, then it has all kinds of items that are "overkill" for a tnak that size, like filter canister, inline heater, etc. etc. lol I would prolly give 30 bucks for one with a flourescent hood, and 20 for one witjh an incadescent type hood

$20 if it comes with a cheapo in tank filter or HOB, $30 if it comes with a decent HOB like AC or Penguin. $35 if it comes with a good fluorescent hood and a decent filter.

Back
Top Bottom