How much would you pay for this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Be very careful using hot water to clean a tank. Any minor cracks or chip can become very major. Trust me, I learned first hand. I would be way more paranoid about hot water than bleach or vinegar!!!

Okay I'm just using warm water nothing to hot like I can put my hand in it it would be good for bathing in so I think it should be okay?

Ugh there is still some spots I missed I'm going I buy a scrub brush and just scrub the tank to death geeze the effort his thing has taken makes me think it would have been easier to just buy a new tank

Last edited by a moderator:
Be very careful using hot water to clean a tank. Any minor cracks or chip can become very major. Trust me, I learned first hand. I would be way more paranoid about hot water than bleach or vinegar!!!

That's good to know! Lol for next time! thank goodness it hasn't done anything bad. Next time would definitely do it differently.

Also silicon idea is a great one too. We had some on hand, I didn't think about it then though. Of course AFTER I filled it and moved everything over. What spots are your trying to scrub off? Like hard water/white spots?

That's good to know! Lol for next time! thank goodness it hasn't done anything bad. Next time would definitely do it differently.

Also silicon idea is a great one too. We had some on hand, I didn't think about it then though. Of course AFTER I filled it and moved everything over. What spots are your trying to scrub off? Like hard water/white spots?

Like the white gunk calcium and stuff and l the dirt on the bottom got most of it out . I'm going to get a scrub brush to Finnish it though

Update I got the white film off let me tank sit over night filled then drained it and the white stuff is back!!! Will I ever get rid of it?

Yeah we have really hard water too. It's not there when you leave water in it, right??

Probably not but I mean its not like it will kill the fish or anything right? It's a beat up tank anyways temporary set up just to establish a bio filter and untill I can buy a new bigger tank

Probably not but I mean its not like it will kill the fish or anything right? It's a beat up tank anyways temporary set up just to establish a bio filter and untill I can buy a new bigger tank
No it'll be fine. Any tanks I have unused are like that but when I fill them, I clean them with my class cleaner and the white stuff goes.....until the water level drops!!!

No it'll be fine. Any tanks I have unused are like that but when I fill them, I clean them with my class cleaner and the white stuff goes.....until the water level drops!!!

Ya that makes sense because when I scrape it it powders off bit if there was water and I did it it would just into the filter

Sure sounds like long term calcium deposit in the glass pores. Yes, glass has pores albeit very small. One drastic solution may be to use murietic(sp) acid. (Hydrochloric Acid) then neutralize with sodium bicarbonate and then rinse really well. But if it dissappears when water is added you may just live with it. That little bit of calcium build up shouldn't hurt the fish. Just another idea. Good luck, OS.

Sure sounds like long term calcium deposit in the glass pores. Yes, glass has pores albeit very small. One drastic solution may be to use murietic(sp) acid. (Hydrochloric Acid) then neutralize with sodium bicarbonate and then rinse really well. But if it dissappears when water is added you may just live with it. That little bit of calcium build up shouldn't hurt the fish. Just another idea. Good luck, OS.

I don't know if I want to go that far into it haha I used baking soda and Vinegar

Back
Top Bottom