How often do I feed my fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AmiLou

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been told by a friend that feeding my tropical fish twice a day will shorten their lifespan. He then told me that it was best to feed them once every other day.

IS THIS TRUE?!?!?!?! :confused:

Depends on the fish as to how much you should feed them. I feed 1-2 times per day, then fast for 1 day per week.

But shortening their lifespan? I don't think so...

I feed once a day, skipping the occasional day, and I have fish that are several years old, including one that's 17 years old.

I feed once a day (tetramin flakes) and skip Saturdays and treat (frozen bloodworms) on Sundays.

I feed my younger fish twice a day, but older and larger fish can be fed either once a day or every other day. I've never heard anything about feeding a fish shortening it's lifespan, unless you're overfeeding haha.

Yeah, I agree. It really depends on the type of fish and their metabolisms and stuff like that.

I feed once a day. Sometimes, I feed light then feed again before I go to bed. I feed 'em frozen brine shrimp weekly as a treat and they love it! Occasionally, I feed peas. Without the skin, of course!

I feed 5 flakes in the morning and 5 at night. I have 4 fish. That way if one gets two, everyone gets still is more likely to get one!

I feed my younger fish twice a day, but older and larger fish can be fed either once a day or every other day. I've never heard anything about feeding a fish shortening it's lifespan, unless you're overfeeding haha.

Haha no, I'm not over feeding :) I have molly fry aswell so I feed them twice a day and now feed my adult mollies, catfish and neons once a day :) I didn't know that how many times a day you feed your fish could shorten their lifespan. But my friend on my animal course said that it would :/

wardley essentials goldfish flakes once a day when ever you get around to it and maby blood worm 2 times a week also when ever you feel like it might have to cut the blood worm cube up in 1/4 or 1/2s depending on how many fish you have you can just but that cut piece back in the little pop out thing and put it back in the freezer and it will still be good just dont let it thaw too much

Back
Top Bottom