How Often Do You PWC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Often do you PWC?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every other day

• Every other Week

• Once a Week

• Once a Month

• Once a Quarter

• Once every other Month

• Every 3 Months

• Every 6+ Months

• Total voters
I do a weekly change of about 5 or 6 gallons out of my 55, so 10% weekly, and its the cleanest tank Ive ever kept. 2 crayfish 4 bala sharks a gourami and a catfish.

I do approx 40-50% once a week unless more is needed (son dumps the whole can of fish food in to feed his fishies..or I didn't take the fruits or veggies out soon enough or sick fish or something like that).
I do more for my betta tanks because they are small and I feed twice daily. They get every other to every 3 day 100% water changes, except the ones with eco substrate, they get about 90% water change at the same intervals as above.

35% every 3weeks to a month now that the tank is established. I used pimafix everyday for a week once and it took almost a weeks worth of 30% PWC everyday to get the water to not be cloudy anymore!

I don't see an option for 1 1/2 weeks but that's usually how often I do my water changes. Usually on Sunday or Wednesday. I usually change about 25%.

I do a 33% percent change every week. That means I siphon the undergarvel filter thoroughly, which removes roughly that much water each time. It has been that way for 2 years now and seems to work fine.

On the 29G I do 35 - 50% weekly
On the 10G I was doing 50% weekly when the bettas were in it; now that I have dwarf puffers I'll be doing changes more frequently until I'm confident that the tank really IS cycled. Then they'll go on the 50% weekly schedule unless I see that more frequent changes are needed (will be testing ALOT over the next few weeks)
The 2.5 and 3 gallon betta tanks get twice weekly 30% water changes
The 2.5 with the two female platies gets a 50% water change every day (those girls are poop machines !!)

Back
Top Bottom