Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Depends on your water parameters. but yes,a lot of people would say 30-50 % weekly. I personally do a 20% wc every other day

Old 11-18-2012, 01:06 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmanski
If you use conditioner then you shouldn't have to let it sit for 24 hours, most conditioners (I use prime) makes the chlorine in your tap non toxic long enough for it to dissipate. If you only have chlorine in your tap and Don't use conditioner then you let it sit for a day or so, you can let it sit to get it to room temp but really as long as the water is remotely close to the tank temp then you don't need to. In fact if I let my water be room temp when I added it it would be 10 degrees colder than my tank. All I do, or what I did until I recently bought a aqueon water changer, was put tap water into buckets then add prime, then dump in the tank - that simple. You should be doing weekly water changes though just to keep quality up, and I've also been told on here that there or other nutrients your fish need are in clean water and that's another reason to be doing frequent water changes. I do 50% ever week or sooner if I can and everything is perfect in my tanks.
Not familiar with the Aqueon, but how do you use water conditioner with it?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoie

Not familiar with the Aqueon, but how do you use water conditioner with it?
All you do is siphon out tank water, dose the Tank with your conditioner, then reverse the flow on the water changer and fill your tank. It's super easy! I would have got it sooner but I was confused about the conditioning part too haha
Zimmanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I change 50% of my water every 2-3 weeks and my water is crystal clear gravel is clean,
I never let my water sit for a few days just fill straight from my tap and add conditioner as I fill it up!
Everyone does it different but end up with the same results!

Tags
change, water, water change

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Cory! | Angel mates »