How often to feed pleco Zucchini?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine also love blanched spinach that's there second favorite lol
I'd like to try the spinach too but
How do you feed him the spinach do you give him like one leaf or a small bunch do u clip it or anchor it does it make a mess in the tank.

I'd like to try the spinach too but
How do you feed him the spinach do you give him like one leaf or a small bunch do u clip it or anchor it does it make a mess in the tank.

I blanch a couple of leafs and clip them my plecs love it, it can make a mess when their eating it! :)

Mine like cucumber fresh and raw- when its crisp and fragrant they go BESERK for it. Lol. All other veggies (zucchini, asparagus, snow peas, choko, broccoli stems etc) I blanch first. Mine show no interest in them when they're raw.

Im still a little confused on what branching is..? Does is just mean to cook it and put away in the freezer?

You do that to both cuccumber and zuchini? also i have a noob question ha how do you reply like the way you did?

You do that to both cuccumber and zuchini? also i have a noob question ha how do you reply like the way you did?

No, the cucumber is good raw- it's not tough or starchy. To reply with a quote, click the downward arrow on the header of the post you want to reply to, and click 'quote'. You can then leave the quote whole or delete text you you are not responding to.

No, the cucumber is good raw- it's not tough or starchy. To reply with a quote, click the downward arrow on the header of the post you want to reply to, and click 'quote'. You can then leave the quote whole or delete text you you are not responding to.

Ok thanks for the help

Blanching is actually cooking/boiling the veggie then when done it is rapidly cooled in very cold water (either running it under cold tap water or putting it in ice water) just long enough to make the veggie get cold quickly which stops any further cooking/tendering of the veggies.

Ok I think I have a pleco issue lol my pleco grew half an inch in a week... When I went to the store to buy him I asked for a
Bristle nose... They gave me one that Didn't look anything like a bristle nose... And when I asked they said its a female and that don't have the tentacles on the front of the face... Did I get a
Common? Here's a couple pix. He was 3 inches when I got... Now since he's been eating all te veggies I measured him against the glass because he looked a bit bigger and he was a little over half an inch bigger !!!!! I have a 36 gal tank... That's no where near big enough for a common... If this is I guess I'll have to do major upgrade soon.

Attachments

• image-765194739.jpg
    image-765194739.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 119
  • image-4009020330.jpg
    image-4009020330.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 101
  • image-2069704291.jpg
    image-2069704291.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 78
  • image-2328837766.jpg
    image-2328837766.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 81
Yea I'll do that.... I'm not going to go there anymore... I never get what I ask for... Plants or fish... They just push off whatever the need to get rid of.... So I'll return it and find a different place to give my business.... Just feel bad because I like that little guy but I don't have a 100 gal tank to home him :/

Back
Top Bottom