How should i replace clawed frog tank stand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aphone

Aquarium Advice Activist
Should i keep the frogs inside while emptying the water so i can lift tank onto new stand. Or should i use a net to move them to a bowl outside the tank before emptying the water to make the stand change?

I hate to do it(disturb them like this) but this stand is better

so what do you think?

What did you do? I would of put them in an outside bowl so can sort out tank but just me.

did it, took em out first, they did good transitioning, thanks aquarium advice for all the clawed frog advice

Since you are another clawed frog keeper, so you run a filter or no? I did for about a year, but then got rid of it and now do 80-90% water change every week. So far so good. I feed one cube of frozen blood worms every other day and have 3 in a 20 gallon.

Since you are another clawed frog keeper, so you run a filter or no? I did for about a year, but then got rid of it and now do 80-90% water change every week. So far so good. I feed one cube of frozen blood worms every other day and have 3 in a 20 gallon.

I keep a quiet internal filter with plants. I need to add an extra hiding spot in there. Also need a suction water changer tube to make water changes easier. one 25% water change every two weeks is ideal imo

These are my first two frogs so im no expert yet. I only really had 2 bettas in the past, so i'm a pretty new aquarium keeper. Looking at getting another betta soon btw

I had an aqueon hob going for a year with smaller water changes and the only time they spawned was one day the power was out! LOL. So I've been trying the no filter method to see how it goes...

I have some anubias and mopani and they appreciate the hiding spaces.

I had an aqueon hob going for a year with smaller water changes and the only time they spawned was one day the power was out! LOL. So I've been trying the no filter method to see how it goes...

I have some anubias and mopani and they appreciate the hiding spaces.

Canister internal filters are gentle on the water as long as its filled to the top. I'd keep a hood or cover, they can potentially jump over and dehydrate to death if you aren't watching, especially if the water is all the way to the top. More water is better for waste too

Back
Top Bottom