How should i stock/decorate my 30 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aoplayo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am stumped on how i should decorate/stock my 30 gal long tank. I want a community tank with plants.

so here is my q to you guys: what fish can i have?
what plants should i have? low/med light
how should i decorate this tank?

aoplayo said:
I am stumped on how i should decorate/stock my 30 gal long tank. I want a community tank with plants.

so here is my q to you guys: what fish can i have?

What fish do you want? There are thousands of potential answers to such an open question.

what plants should i have? low/med light

What lighting do you have...it will depend on that to a large degree.

how should i decorate this tank?

However strikes your fancy, really.

2-3 wpg is med/high. If you check the planted tank forum, you will find a wealth of information regarding equipment and plants suitable for your lighting.

Wow, so many options. Angels prefer planted tanks, have you considered them? Blue or Bolivian rams make great tankmates with angels. :D

well i am not going to go with the plants after all. Well not a really planted tank but i will have a few plants. What tropical fish like strong currents and school?

aoplayo said:
well i am not going to go with the plants after all. Well not a really planted tank but i will have a few plants.

If you are going to have a "few" live plants, you may as well go fully planted, since your lighting is in the med-high range. What is the wattage of your bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom