How to add prime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How do you add prime into your tank? This is a question for those that still carry 5 gallon buckets and not those who use a water changer.

Lately I have been adding a capful of prime into my tank after removing the water (note this is a 55g tank) and then I add water in 5g at a time. I used to add an estimate of 1/10 cap of prime into my 5g buckets before pouring the water in. What is the right way?

I have a 55 gallon and two 5 gallon tanks. Adding prime to the tank before adding the water is just fine. You can also take like a 5ml syringe and add 0.5ml of prime for every 5 gallons of water. That's how I measure for my two 5 gallon betta tanks. They are planted so I also have to measure out my seachem flourish and excel with syringes.

I used to treat each bucket when I used them. Now I realize you can treat the entire tank, then fill with chlorinated bucketsZ

If you dose the bucket, dose for the volume of the water in the bucket. If you dose the tank, dose for water volume of the tank. Dosing before (or while) adding the water is fine.

Prime, apply directly to the water. Prime, apply directly to the water. Prime, apply directly to the water. Prime, apply directly to the water.

(sorry... bad 'Head on' joke)

Prime, apply directly to the water. Prime, apply directly to the water. Prime, apply directly to the water. Prime, apply directly to the water.

(sorry... bad 'Head on' joke)

that was funny even if it was one of the most annoying commercials on tv.

Back
Top Bottom