Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-03-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

How to get clown loaches to eat?

See cichlid discussion for tank specifics. I feed a mix of shrimp pellets, catfish pellets, and blood worms to my clown loaches (2) and other fish. They're just so bright and tiny these botia macs of mine. Any idea of how to get them to eat more often and plump up? I understand most of the LFS's carry wild caught loaches that are sressed from a long transport. Seem the worms are all the loaches eat. Any other successful recommended products? Brands? I feed mainly hikari. They dont like the wardley stuff.

Old 06-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

You are feeding the correct foods, especially the sinking pellets. If they are getting enough food, there is no reason to provide more. You could add algae wafers to the mix and the occassional veggie (squash) works well too.

If there is a particular brand of food to use, try NLS foods.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:38 AM   #3
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
You should try frozen brine shrimp as well.
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
RoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:36 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How long have you had the clowns? Do they have sunken bellies now and/or were they sunken when you brought them home? I ask because like you said, clowns are wild caught and often ship to stores loaded with internal parasites.
Voodoo Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown, clown loach, clown loaches, eat, loach, loaches

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com