How to hide scratches in glass tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wavetide

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
bought a 2nd hand 55 gallon aquarium

while cleaning I stupidly left some sharp rocks in the bottom and they scratched up the bottom portion of the side glasses pretty well... all the way up about 4 inches..

But I came up with a pretty good way to hide the scratches, I just put more gravel on the bottom to about 3-4 inches up and now the scratches have disappeared because the light does not hit them...

anyways, pretty interesting, maybe you can do this with plants too.

I accidently scartched the bottom of my 42g and almost had a heart attack the same way luckilly the scratch is only on the bottom so the gravel covers it up easily. Like you said you'll probably just have to put lots of gravel or maybe a really small plant in front of it so you get distracted and don't notice it.

but if its not completely covered, when you scrub for algae it will be kinda obvious because of the green streak type thing going across the bottom

Yah I found best way is to have it completely covered... if a green streak shows because you can't completely cover it with gravel... then best is to clean the direction of the scratch to get the green out of the scratch.. or just reach in there with a areally really really clean cloth to wipe it in the direction of the scratch.

Back
Top Bottom