How to make Betta happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryguy29227

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've always wanted one of my Bettas to be very happy ad possibly make a bubble nest , any ideas ?

how big is the tank? bettas need 5 gallons min heated and filtered

also remember that some bettas will not bulid bubble nests all together...or if they do, its rather irregular... if your water parameters are good, your tank is large enough as AlLexX said, as well as the betta is not being stressed by other fish or changing water conditions, then it should be happy and healthy! A happy betta doesn't always mean a bubble blowing betta.

Ok I have a filtered and heated 5 gallon tank. I have had one Betta before and it died, i tried some other fish and i can tell they are about to die. I think I like bettas more. I just want to make it as happy as possible.

Hello and Welcome to AA Ryguy29227,

Did you happen to Cycle your tank before you put the fish in? If not, that is probably the reason why your betta died. Also, If you did not cycle, I would recommend you to go out and get a liquid test kit (Preferably API Master liquid test kit). If you didn't cycle, please take a look at this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...-but-i-already-have-fish-what-now-116287.html

Also, what kind of fish do you have?

Ive heard warmer temps make them
Happy like 80degrees. Mine got almost up to. 82 today and my little guys was making bubbles like crazy!! Idk if that's why or not

Crypto said:
Hello and Welcome to AA Ryguy29227,

Did you happen to Cycle your tank before you put the fish in? If not, that is probably the reason why your betta died. Also, If you did not cycle, I would recommend you to go out and get a liquid test kit (Preferably API Master liquid test kit). If you didn't cycle, please take a look at this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/i-just-learned-about-cycling-but-i-already-have-fish-what-now-116287.html

Also, what kind of fish do you have?

Thanks! And yes, it was cycled. My mom wanted to surprise me by buying a pink glassfish and I would have felt weird telling her to take it back

Back
Top Bottom