How to move a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sholi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, today, my table for my tank is broken and will be broken into pieces in no time because of some naughty people. I was wondering how to move it temporarily while we replace the tank. The table is supported for now by a chair.

But will lifting the tank up help? will the glass under the tank support the water?

The tank is a 10g tank with 3 guppies and one java fern. (what is alive)

I was wondering how to move i to the floor temporarily until i get a new table. I might get the table right now since i have the time and money.

So when i buy the table, do i have to vacuum all of the water into clean buckets then place it away until the table is installed?

I dont have another tank so sorry about that :C

Then when the table is installed and well, i think imma put the tank back onto the new table and fill back the tank with the vacuumed water.

Is this good enough?

Hello, today, my table for my tank is broken and will be broken into pieces in no time because of some naughty people. I was wondering how to move it temporarily while we replace the tank. The table is supported for now by a chair.
Sorry to hear that. Are these kids?
But will lifting the tank up help? will the glass under the tank support the water?
Empty out the tank first. You can put the fish in buckets while you move the tank.
The tank is a 10g tank with 3 guppies and one java fern. (what is alive)
I don't understand. Are the fish/plants not alive?
I was wondering how to move i to the floor temporarily until i get a new table. I might get the table right now since i have the time and money.
You could move it to the floor but that's super dangerous. You or someone else could easily forget about it and trip/damage it. Find somewhere to put it where people can see it.
So when i buy the table, do i have to vacuum all of the water into clean buckets then place it away until the table is installed?
You can simply set up the tank again by adding in water, putting in dechlorinator, add some seeded media in and your tank is instantly cycled.
I dont have another tank so sorry about that :C
Buckets and Rubbermaid tubs work fine as temporary homes for fish.
Then when the table is installed and well, i think imma put the tank back onto the new table and fill back the tank with the vacuumed water.
IMO that's not necessary. As stated above, just add tap water, decholrinator, seeded media, and fish. No hassle. Just watch your water quality and do a bit more PWCs just in case.
Is this good enough?

My opinion is in the bold red. Good luck! (y)

My opinion is in the bold red. Good luck! (y)

lol no its not kids. its siblings. And nvm the alive parts (very vague) well i dont have any seeded materials, but can i still put the tank water back into the tank after the new table is set?

Yes you can. Although I just don't see why you just add new water, decholriantor, and seeded media. It's a lot easier. Not a lot of bacteria lives in water so it wouldn't make a significant difference.

JMO :)

Make sure to remove any rocks or hard decorations as they could easily break your tank.

I'm another who would drain the tank first

Back
Top Bottom