how to outsmart a fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you considered the angle in which the bottle is actually mounted? Perhaps differences could confuse them enough to keep them in there. Maybe try angling it at a steep downward slope with the entrance at the bottom.

I'm being obvious I know but can't you just try using duel netting? Hold one net in, and steer the fish towards it with the other? I've used that with loaches before (boy they can move fast when they want). Or, an extra pair of hands never goes amiss! :D Draft some people in to help! :)

But, anyway, the trap is working for you so kudos!

Alshain said:
Have you considered the angle in which the bottle is actually mounted? Perhaps differences could confuse them enough to keep them in there. Maybe try angling it at a steep downward slope with the entrance at the bottom.

i am going to give that a try the next time i have to trap a fish.

coldmachineUK said:
I'm being obvious I know but can't you just try using duel netting?

i have tried this(and it works) but the commotion in the tank still remains high, but this method is good if you have to remove the fish immediatly. in my case of simply wanting to relocate danios, with a trap, you can set it in the morning and while you have your coffee(or coco puffs) you may see some results without disrupting the tank. then it is a simple matter of removing the trap. or you can set it, go about other things, then come back and see what you caught. and it can be done for free with an empty bottle that would otherwise end up in the trash.

Back
Top Bottom