how to stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was wondering what I should go by when stocking bc apparently the inch per gallon rule is no good. And also I was wondering about my glass catfish I just got. If I went by the inch per gallon rule...5 fish times 4 inches it only leaves me 10 inches of fish left...-5 for my pleco. That's 5 inches of fish left with 6 fish!!! (In a 30 gallon) And also my cats are very slender and have low body mass and I don't think very much waste output.
Any input is appreciated. I've heard very mixed things on stocking

tarpon said:
So I was wondering what I should go by when stocking bc apparently the inch per gallon rule is no good. And also I was wondering about my glass catfish I just got. If I went by the inch per gallon rule...5 fish times 4 inches it only leaves me 10 inches of fish left...-5 for my pleco. That's 5 inches of fish left with 6 fish!!! (In a 30 gallon) And also my cats are very slender and have low body mass and I don't think very much waste output.
Any input is appreciated. I've heard very mixed things on stocking

There are alot of variables... Activity... Adult size.. Bio load and aggression... U can try aquaadvisor to get some rough ideas and then post a stock lost of what u are thinking on getting and someone will help u out :)

Alright well I have 5 glass cats. And a bn pleco. Really all I was wanting more was 4-5 cory cats. But idk if I have room

Back
Top Bottom