How would you stock this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shark_Bait

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i stumbled upon a free 10 gal tank and i really don't know what to stock with. I'm going to do sand at the bottom with some live plants but don't have very high powered lights although i could get some. You tell me what you would stock fish wise and plant wise. Something that will work for this tiny tank.:blink:

Do you know the color temp of the light? If it's low, you'd need very low light plants like Anubias ... see the link below for plant ideas. If at all possible ... upgrade to at least a 6500K bulb.

PlantGeek.net - Plant Guide

Although your kind of limited by a 10 gal tank .. you could look to do a school of Neon Tetras / Neon Cardinals or Zebra Danios.

With a Higher Light intensity and wattage, you are possible going to have to have c02 (Many Diy ways to give it though). What kind lighting do you plan on getting?

As far as stocking, you have quite a few options like: Bettas, Neon tetra, Cardinal Tetra, Ember Tetra, Celestial Pearl Danios, Sparkling Gourami, Honey Gourami, Endlers, Guppies and Pygmy cories. There are many more, just too many to list

You could do a nano tank! Pair of clown killies, small school of chili rasboras or other schooling fish some AE shrimp, snails. Or a pair of dwarf puffers!

Yes, Angels are way to small for a 10 gallon. 30 gallons or more.

thats what i figured....hmmmm. Any smaller semi-aggresives i could put in? i only say this cuz i have a 55 running with community and would like something a little different.

Not really any Semi-aggressive fish that could fit in a ten gallon.

Back
Top Bottom