hows my stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johny boy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everybody I have
6 neons tetras
5 harly rasboras
5 tiger barbs
3 platies
3 guppies
4 opaline gouramis
I have a 55 gallon tank.Are my fish fine with each other?

Hi everybody I have
6 neons tetras
5 harly rasboras
5 tiger barbs
3 platies
3 guppies
4 opaline gouramis
I have a 55 gallon tank.Are my fish fine with each other?

The tiger are demons of the fish world. They can an might harass anything. Also I would only do one opline gourami ,mabye 2 adult ones if you heavily Plant an decorate the tank. 4 is going to cause issued

Everything looks Fine the gouramis are hiding and the barbs are chasing eachother

Everything looks Fine the gouramis are hiding and the barbs are chasing eachother

How large are they, they might be fine for now, an mabye for the future too. I can't predect that. Lol but those are can be seriously aggressive/ territorial fish. If your tank is well planted/ decorated, it might work

The gouramis are Like 3 inch each the tank is heavily decorated lol

The barbs are chasing each other and the all the gouramis are hiding I got the barbs and gours like an hour ago @ petsmart

The barbs are chasing each other and the all the gouramis are hiding I got the barbs and gours like an hour ago @ petsmart

Hmm, the grouamis are probably stressed from the trip while the barbs are establish a hierarchy is my bet lol

Hmm, the grouamis are probably stressed from the trip while the barbs are establish a hierarchy is my bet lol

Yep. And there is a 95% chance there WILL be a problem with the goiramies. They dont like eachother and will most likely not get along in that tank. Maybe 2 but Not 4.

If not kept in large numbers, tiger barbs will find the gouramis' pectoral fins very tempting-it's just a matter of time. I would choose between the gouramis or the barbs. I would also consider swapping the opalines with pearls, but that's just my preference.

David

I would agree that the gouramis will have an issue with the tiger barbs. If you have 4 you should take 2 out and add 2 more tiger barbs and another 2 neons.

Back
Top Bottom