Huge ammonia spike!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mellys16

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, I purchased a fluval edge 6 gallon tank about 2 months ago; in the tank there are 4 grass type plants (all identical), my beta fish (fireball) and a few little decorations. Everything started fine everything within normal permitters but all of a sudden I noticed my plants almost overnight turned yellow and brown and I now have a huge ammonia spike (started at 0.25 ppm now up to 1.0ppm)
My ph is around 7.4, nitrate in check as we'll it's honestly just my ammonia and I'm worried for my poor fishy.
Any advice ASAP would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hello everyone, I purchased a fluval edge 6 gallon tank about 2 months ago; in the tank there are 4 grass type plants (all identical), my beta fish (fireball) and a few little decorations. Everything started fine everything within normal permitters but all of a sudden I noticed my plants almost overnight turned yellow and brown and I now have a huge ammonia spike (started at 0.25 ppm now up to 1.0ppm)
My ph is around 7.4, nitrate in check as we'll it's honestly just my ammonia and I'm worried for my poor fishy.
Any advice ASAP would be great.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Test to make sure no ammonia in tap change water and then water changes. Water conditioners like prime will also detoxify ammonia and nitrites (which will spike as bacteria catch up ). Gravel vac, etc to remove anything decaying.

I'm leaning toward the decaying plants as the source of ammonia.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom