Huge pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid-dude

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently got a huge pleco for my 210 gallon tank. Hes massive at 22 inches. I was wondering what to feed him other than algae wafers and the occasional cucumber or zuccini? Im going to get him some driftwood to gnaw on as well. Is there anything else i should be giving him? Thanks in advance.

Romaine , Repashy Gel foods, lawn clippings j/k dde1c Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haha I'd just let it eat my lawn instead of clipping!! Op you can feed cucumber or zuchini, maybe even a whole fresh shrimp once in a while???

They are omnivores.

My large common pleco also eats a cube of blood worms and brine shrimp along with veggies and algae wafers.

i feed my pleco algae wafer, cucumber, carrot, apple, driftwood, dried leaves.

I recently got a huge pleco for my 210 gallon tank. Hes massive at 22 inches. I was wondering what to feed him other than algae wafers and the occasional cucumber or zuccini? Im going to get him some driftwood to gnaw on as well. Is there anything else i should be giving him? Thanks in advance.

Wow almost two feet! I gave up on plecos, I love the fish but they are literally an eating pooping machine. I fed mine just about anything vegetable and he was like a wood chipper when it came to driftwood. I found myself vacuuming the bottom of the tank on almost a daily basis from his waste. I got him just a couple of inches long and in just a few months it grew to almost ten inches.

Wow. I finally had enough of cleaning up so much poop after my cute little four inch clown pleco in my 55 g planted tank. He got moved into his own tank until I find him a new home. I can't even imagine how much poop your guy must make!

Mine is 18" but I don't want him anymore and I need to find him a new home. He's too big!

Back
Top Bottom