Hurry need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A school of larger barbs maybe?
I just got a school of Odessa Barbs yesterday and they haven't been nippy.
Or you could always go with a school of rainbows of some type.

Ok guys so I got 5 sarpea tertra with a gold gouramie to go with m pearl gouramie and my angel......

I suggest you to research the fish before you go to the lfs. Im a really impulse guy, meaning buying fish with no research, as a result I have some nightmares.
I think that the serape tetras can be nippy in your tank, also I think that the gouramies will start to fight each other or with the angel....

Just my opinion, maybe will work for you.
:rainbowafro:

arangarajan93 said:
You can put: 4 tinfoil barbs(2 albino and 2 normal), 2 rosy barbs, 7-8 mollies, 7-8 guppies, 2 platies.

That many mollies would fully stick your tank alone...

Was my selection good??
Not really, you may get lucky but..
Serpae Tetras are usually very nippy and will pick on your angelfish and gouramis.
Two gouramis is also generally not a good idea. Did you know they're in the same family as betta fish? Two males will get territorial and fight each other, so it's best to either have a single gourami in a tank, or a male/female pair of the same species, and even then you can have problems..

good luck!

It really depends on the temperament of the fish, IMO. I had two blue dwarfs and they constantly picked on each other. I eventually had to rehome one. A male and female might work but the females seem hard to find anymore.

Back
Top Bottom