Hydra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, noticed in my elephant nose tank there's loads of the dreaded hydra! Now I'm going to be moving him into his new tank and everything is getting shifted over with him. Is there anything at all I can do to prevent loads of the little buggers going with him!
Cheers

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

I was treating a tank with planaria using fenbendazole (dewormer medicine) and learned that it is quite effective at killing hydra as well.
Are you moving the tank contents (sans the fish) to the new tank, setting it up, and then moving in the fish later? If so, you might want to treat the new tank before adding the fish.
If the infestation is not so bad, then its population may simply drop down to an insignificant level. I believe they are only really a problem with fry and shrimplets.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yep, I'm moving everything over and then him (can't have 4 tank's running ) hopefully like you say most will die off. Or I could try the wormer. Thanks Fresh2o

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Back
Top Bottom