Hydrogen peroxide dip for plants +ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sobersteve323

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have some plants that have been in a vase for 3 weeks at room temp (75 deg) that originally came from a tank that had ich. To be on the safe side, would a hydrogen peroxide dip plus a quick salt bath kill anything that might be remaining on them? I'm just trying to play it safe.

Thanks!

Swirl them around in it for a good 30 seconds and you should be fine.
I do this with my new plants for this and snails, works great so far.

How much peroxide per gallon of water would you use? Or is it straight peroxide?

I go half and half. Doesn't take a whole lot. I just put a little in a mixing bowl and swirl/roll it around till I am satisfied.

I use a 100% solution. I've never seen any negative effects on the plants. It definitely removes the snails out of the equation in my experience. I've seen bowls of dead snails after the dip...but never a single one in my tank. However, I've never seem any info on h2o2 vs. Ich so I couldn't comment on that.

Even after 1-2 weeks, the ich will be dead because it can not survive without a live animal host, so it is impossible for there to be any with those plants now.

Back
Top Bottom