Hypothetically.....what would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
High tech planted semi-aggressive community. I want to do that so bad... pictus, and a few sharks for sure. I'd have to buy a new house so the tank wouldn't go through the floor and then default on my student loan. I guess it's not totally out of the question.

Lyqid- Cichlid tanks do not need to be bare. Check out Travis's tank. His is not bare in the slightest. It's just a different type of setup for Africans. They like lots of rock work but you can easily incoroprate plants into the setup.

Definitely the Malawi cichlids !! No doubt in my mind .... I mean DREAMS.
Get the tank !!!! who needs furniture ????

lyquidphyre said:
Aw man! I would totally go planted. I personally like a tank where you can see a handful of larger fish but when you get up close you see the differing schooling fish. The one thing I don't like about Cichlids (as pretty as they are) is the tank has to be bare (right?), and I just love how mysterious a planted tank is.

I know this tank is well over 200gals, but I love the general concept:
http://membres.lycos.fr/lafuitedebretx/index.html

(btw, my dream is to do something like whats in that link)

That makes the TV look so crappy. :D

Fishyfanatic said:
Lyqid- Cichlid tanks do not need to be bare. Check out Travis's tank. His is not bare in the slightest. It's just a different type of setup for Africans. They like lots of rock work but you can easily incoroprate plants into the setup.
Thanks for letting me know. I guess I've seen a lot of Cichlid tanks kinda bare with JUST rocks and slate and that, to me, isn't nearly as appealing as a planted tank.

I've always wanted to try cichlids, but I just.. I dunno... I do have an empty 29 hmmmmmmm

theotheragentm said:
lyquidphyre said:
Aw man! I would totally go planted. I personally like a tank where you can see a handful of larger fish but when you get up close you see the differing schooling fish. The one thing I don't like about Cichlids (as pretty as they are) is the tank has to be bare (right?), and I just love how mysterious a planted tank is.

I know this tank is well over 200gals, but I love the general concept:
http://membres.lycos.fr/lafuitedebretx/index.html

(btw, my dream is to do something like whats in that link)

That makes the TV look so crappy. :D

No kidding....who needs a TV with a tank like THAT!???

Back
Top Bottom