"I<3U" fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thanew

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just recently really got back into the hobby, I moved here to Vegas about a year ago and the majority of my fish didn't make it, except my syno cat and my pleco.

So I went to this place here in Las Vegas F.I.S.H, because people on another forum said it was probably the best in the city. So I look through their SW fish, they look healthy (which is a surprise at least IME here).

Then I head to the FW section and the first thing I see is a tank full of Parrots. I immediately saw some dyed ones, and then I look and see what appears to be scratches on all of the fish. I then look below the tank for the prices and I see what appears to say "I<3U/ILoveYou" fish $12.99. I immediately thought wtf, there was nothing on there for a Parrot or even "Painted" fish. So I took a closer look at the fish and realized that they weren't scratches, but rather dye. Someone had dyed the words "I<3U" and "I Love You" on the all of the parrots in the tank.

It just shocks me that people would even do that. I mean I thought the dying of the parrots and the painting of the glass fish was bad, but to combine them both to create some frankenstein of fish abuse?

Yup, Nothing uncommon there. Very cruel practice

I was at a LFS today that had polka dot and striped white sailfin mollies. Walked right out after seeing them.

Try having a chat with the store owner. Give him/her a piece of your mind.

I've heard of that being done to gouramis, too. It's horrible, but that's the world we live in. Some people are clueless.

Back
Top Bottom