I am in LOVE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I went to a lfs yesterday and saw a silver Arowana who was just gorgeous! It was probably about 2' long and just stunning to say the least. It was very graceful and it's eyes were watching my every move. After admiring it for about a half hour, I finally left it alone. I felt bad for him because he was being kept in a small tank, but they wrote sold next to him name (someone is paying $299 for him!) so I'm hoping it's going to a nice bigger home.

That's funny you mentioned that because I saw one yesterday too about the same size. Such a beautiful fish. I hope to get one fairly soon once I get my 180 gal up and rolling.

They are stunning! :) 180 Gallon! Lucky you! I don't think I'll ever get one that big!! :(

Arrowanas really are beautiful fish. I would love to keep one someday if for no other reason than that I've never kept a predator before.

speaking of aworanas.

did u know they are GOOD LUCK :wink:

keeping 1 in the tank is great feng shui :wink:

just a thought :wink:
unfortunately my tank is too small to house these peaceful monsters :cry:

If only there were a pygmy arrowana breed that could be housed in a 55 gallon tank. That would be awesome.

$299 is a whole lot of money for one. I've seen a few around (very rare to find them) and they usually aren't more than $40-50. I'm not sure if the stores just order them when people request them, or if they just randomly get one in.

I have always wanted one of those guys, but I know if I got one that I would basically have to have a good 250 gallons for him. Such beautiful fish.

At our petland they have a baby one that is about 4" and it is for sale for $30 .... but would def take some time to raise it to a 2 footer

Ray

In Cali, Sacramento Area, Silvers go any where from $15 to $35 for small 3-4 inchers. The large ones go up in price into the hundreds. I bought my Black Aro for $50 when he was 2.5 inches, who is currently around 22-23inches. Black Aro typically cost more than the silvers and are less likely to get Drop Eye and typically do not get as thick as the silvers.
Below are pictures of my Black and a link to more pics.

Full300gal.sized.jpg

SV400022.sized.jpg

P1010077.sized.jpg

http://www.cichlidgallery.com/My-Tanks:-300-Gallon-and-135-Gallon

Back
Top Bottom