I am now an Aquarist!! Bad Python Story!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteCloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have heard you cannot call yourself and Aquarist until you have flooded your floors!!!

I can now call my self an Aquarist!!

I was doing water changes in my tanks...my Python siphon was running a little slow. I figured I had some plant matter stuck inside. I got the screwdriver to take off the bottom to check it out. Not wanting to lose a screw...I put the strainer plug in the sink.

Opened up the bottom of the Python water pump....hmmm...nothing there. So I put it the bottom back on....and went to clean my 20 Gallon now...2 rooms away from the kitchen. I finish siphoning...and I go back out the kitchen....I had water all over the counters (where my wife has loads and loads of toddler snacks)...water all on one side of the kitchen. Water made it way into the basement! I had forgot to take the plug out of the sink!!

My wife had a look on her face like I had never seen before! I knew I was in trouble!!! The kids were walking in the water...there pants were soaked up the their knees...then they started falling...there was crying...hurt bumbums...you name it!

After the 2.5 hour cleanup...I got my wife a well deserved Chinese Food Take out supper that she was craving and took the boys to get Burger King.

I was supposed to be installing my RO/DI tonight...after my water changes. Ironically....my wife was worried about my plumbing abilities and thought I was going to flood the house installing the RO/DI unit. She was right...I did flood the house...just not the way she invisioned!

So am I now an Aquarist?

WC

Haha great story :-0

I never have had this problem but I will be sure to make sure my plug is open on my sink from now on :)

WhiteCloud said:
I have heard you cannot call yourself and Aquarist until you have flooded your floors!!!

OH no!! Is that the rule?? I have not flooded my floors. I am sure one of these days I will make a huge mess, but we are renters. It would be a MAJOR disaster. It sounds like you got everything cleaned up ok with no real damage. kudos!!

Great story. Have some kudos :D :D

I think this calls for a new thread. You know you're an aquarist when............
LOL

well, i heard of the mile high club but i guess i am an aquarist now as well. syphoned some extra water one cleaning (before my python) and i thought the spyphon strated and a 1.8 gallon bucket miraculously held a whole 4 gallons. I had that cleaned up before the fiancee got home ... she was however wondering why the floor looked so clean in one spot.

Back
Top Bottom