I am terrible with deciding the result on color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ty bud much appreciated, hope everything gets worked out and the fishes are good.

Mind me everyone... What is this color card and what are you talking about? I am totally new to aquarium life... Having a fresh water tank with not certain of how many gallons...

Mind me everyone... What is this color card and what are you talking about? I am totally new to aquarium life... Having a fresh water tank with not certain of how many gallons...

It is a colour reference card for the API master test kit which measures pH and harmful forms of nitrogen such as ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. New tanks can be very unstable for at least a month and so we take these readings to ensure our fish are safe.

I havent mixed any nitrogen in my tank. (120 gallons, just measured) is it okay? Or i must add some? I only put water from tube-well. And methylene blue, active carbon based pre filter, and anti chlorine...

It's a natural occurrence called the nitrogen cycle, don't add any fish, get yourself an api master liquid test kit, first you will see ammonia, then that will slowly drop and you'll set nitrites, then ammonia will go to zero nitrites will climb high after a few weeks you'll get nitrates and then your nitrite will drop, it is safe to put fish in the tank when ammonia and nitrite are 0 and nitrates are 5+ ppm

Its been around hundred days i have added fishes... Around 40... Some died and +30 are still alive... Even the guys who installed the whole aquarium didnt mention anything or did anything special...

I knew I should've taken some experts' advise...

First thing is to get the test kit, do you do pwc's weekly? If not you should

I do pwc but not weekly... Its a big tank. Takes a lot of time to do so... I do it almost after a month.

Bad idea, big tank or not its your responsibility to take care of it and believe me it's well worth it, I do sometimes 2 a week depending on if I feed blanched zucchini to them you should do 30% weekly

Okay. From next weekend i will start doing so. [emoji106][emoji106]
First if you don't have one get an api liquid test kit they are a must have with fish keeping , some tanks don't require as much maintenence, I know of people who do one every 2-3 weeks, but I do mine every week as most people do because when you take water out and add new treated water back in you replenish the minerals the fish need. Do You use prime water conditioner? Of not I would also recommend that, make sure you temperature match the water going back in also.

Back
Top Bottom