I bought a Snail, what should I feed him?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_Crazy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I may have put the cart before the horse a bit, but anyway, I bought a bunch of new plants to add to my aquarium yesterday and decided to add a "mystery snail" to my tank. He is a very cool looking snail and I found myself just watching him go all night. Anyway, he seems to like the mopani wood, but I want to make sure he doesn't eat any of my plants. So some questions,

If he's working on one of my plants, is he eating it or eating algae off the leaves?

What can I drop in for him to munch on if there isn't enough Algea to keep him busy?

Can I add several without worrying about any bio-load issues? I think I want to have at least 1 or 2 more?

I have a 29 Gal planted tank.

Thanks

I googled mystery snail and Apple snail came up, he looks like an apple snail, so hopefully thats what he is.

u2_Crazy said:
I googled mystery snail and Apple snail came up, he looks like an apple snail, so hopefully thats what he is.

There are many varieties of Apple snail, P. bridgessi being one that doesn't eat plants.

Take a look at http://www.applesnail.net and see if you can identify yours there. Or, look at my "fish and plant' clicky and see if he looks like mine.

Back
Top Bottom