I can use some help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davy_Jones

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have allways wanted a larger tank and next year my mom said she would get me one from petsmart.... Id like to know what are the usaul measurements for a standard 55gallon aquarium.

I also hope to use the big @ss sunken ship I got for a bargan at my lfs for only $43... Its a beauty!

2121843608_8615336c89_b.jpg

THANKS-

Ah, so 4ft long/ 12inches wide and 21 high.

Thats not so bad.

How about setting up a heater? How does that work?

For a heater, I'd go with a pair of 150 or 200w visitherm stealths. one at each end of the tank. Or if you have a canister....the hydor seems to be the inline heater of choice.

And for the heater whats a the price range, if you could give me an estamation...?

hmm, thats not bad....
Also, what are good fish for a 55gallon aquarium.... Not trying to rush into things, just doin a little research.

If you can get a 75g, that would be even better. The extra width is definitely worth it, whichever cichlids you choose. 55g tanks are 13" wide and having an extra 5" would be great. I would love to trade my 55s for 75gs.

Ok everyone, I know Ill be using the ship, I was trying to think of other stuff I could use with it.
Eany ideas?

Back
Top Bottom