I cant find my Kahuli Loach's....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nol Starks

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought 4 of them 3 days ago and 1 black Kahuli. I see the black one often, being ''loachy'' but the 4 reg. Kahulis I've only seen 1 in the AM and I can't even tell if its te same one. They were pretty small. I've read that gouramis will eat them thinking they are blood worms but these guys seamed a little to big for that. I've also read of people finding them the there UGF...I hope that's not the case. I did a WC today, like 40% and moved the substrate around alot and took all the plants and caves out....still no sign. Has anyone else gone a coupe days without seeing there Kahulis....I love these little guys and hope they weren't eaten! Is there any way to get them to come out?? Help please

Its Kuhli...I knew I was spelling it wrong!! Haha sorry folks :)

Nol Starks said:
I bought 4 of them 3 days ago and 1 black Kahuli. I see the black one often, being ''loachy'' but the 4 reg. Kahulis I've only seen 1 in the AM and I can't even tell if its te same one. They were pretty small. I've read that gouramis will eat them thinking they are blood worms but these guys seamed a little to big for that. I've also read of people finding them the there UGF...I hope that's not the case. I did a WC today, like 40% and moved the substrate around alot and took all the plants and caves out....still no sign. Has anyone else gone a coupe days without seeing there Kahulis....I love these little guys and hope they weren't eaten! Is there any way to get them to come out?? Help please

Hmm. They do bury in the substrate. Maybe they're there. Do you have a power filter or HOB filter, they could have Ben sucked up there. That is odd, but not abnormal. They hide sometimes and aren't seen for days. I just got mine on Saturday, they don't come out much until they get more used to the environment. Give it some time and keep watching.

My best guess is In the substrate. But not sure. It's not a good feeling not being able to find one. I bought four and I've only been seeing three too.

I'll check my filters. I have 2 power heads for my ugf and a hob....I worried but keeping high hopes...

Nol Starks said:
I'll check my filters. I have 2 power heads for my ugf and a hob....I worried but keeping high hopes...

How big are they? And do ou have gravel or sand?

the only time i ever see my khuli's is if i sneak up on my tank at 4 in the morning with a flashlight i have 3 of them in my 30g with a sand substrate

OK...I just saw 2 of them so 50% of them are there which makes me think the other 2 are OK...I just checked my hob...no signs of any trouble...I shut off my power heads, looked around as much a try let my....I doubt they made it up there. They are about 2 in smallest 1 in. I think they will be OK. I WA watching them close to try and find there hiding spot and one of my gouramis came by...look at the kuhli, tried to take a bite the kuhli wiggled and off went the gourami. I'm feeling better about my situation. I hope they start hanging with my dojos and become just as comfortable a them...any time I'm looking in my tank the dojos as always in my face lol its funny

Mine only come out in the daytime when I feed them.

Found them in the filter several times before, and in decorations I've taken out. One seems to like going in a small crack next to the outlet of the filter.

They've always been fine so far.

O btw... I have small pebbles. I bought it from my LFS, it was used to filter water in a local town. So the rocks are all very smooth and small. I was very particular about the substrate I chose. I also have Cory's and don't wanna damage there underside

Back
Top Bottom