I couldnt let them die...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That just doesn't make any sense. Why would they kill them? They paid for them...so if they are living, why would they kill them? They could have put them on clearance. I feel like this business won't be open for long if that is there business sense. Hmmm

I have no idea why! I do know that I won't be buying anything from there again!

I don't think u will have to worry about them eatting ur platy fry.

Darn, I was hoping they would! Lol, I don't need anymore fish in there! However, my hubby came home with another 10 gallon last night. It was given to him. I may just set it up, cycle it, and put the fry in it! I never have any problems giving them away!

Darn, I was hoping they would! Lol, I don't need anymore fish in there! However, my hubby came home with another 10 gallon last night. It was given to him. I may just set it up, cycle it, and put the fry in it! I never have any problems giving them away!

That's a fantastic idea

That's a fantastic idea

Thanks! It will obviously have to cycle first. The fry will still be ok in the fry net while it cycles. I've done it before. They don't grow nearly as fast, but they do pretty good. I can take filter media, gravel(that I removed from my tanks Monday and kept wet) and water from an existing tank...hmmm, I think I'm on to something! Lol

If u take media from an established tank the u should be good to go. Beneficial Bactria is mostly in the media. There is some in the gravel but not a whole lot. And there is no bb just floating around in the water unless it gets disturbed. I think u will be ready to roll with that 10 gallon fry tank. I'd recommend a bottle of bio spira just as a back up :)

If u take media from an established tank the u should be good to go. Beneficial Bactria is mostly in the media. There is some in the gravel but not a whole lot. And there is no bb just floating around in the water unless it gets disturbed. I think u will be ready to roll with that 10 gallon fry tank. I'd recommend a bottle of bio spira just as a back up :)

I have never heard if bio spira?? What is that? I just checked my parameters in both tanks. In my 30 gallon(with the new little guys) everything was PERFECT! Yay so far! Ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates about 10ish...in my new 3 gallon shrimp tank I have just a tiny bit of ammonia, so I did a wc. Everything is looking good!

I just brought home my 4th albino yesterday and I've been spending all morning trying to talk myself out of getting more! I had three in there for a while now and in less than 24 hours they're all hanging out together, annoying the rasboras. The new one tried to dig under the snail last night for food. Sometimes I think they're like kids that have to wear helmets when they go outside ... :lol:

I just brought home my 4th albino yesterday and I've been spending all morning trying to talk myself out of getting more! I had three in there for a while now and in less than 24 hours they're all hanging out together, annoying the rasboras. The new one tried to dig under the snail last night for food. Sometimes I think they're like kids that have to wear helmets when they go outside ... :lol:

I have read a lot about them since I brought them home. From what I read, they do best in groups of 6 or more! There ya go! Go get two more! Lol, I am enjoying mine more than anybody should! I can't stop watching them! I haven't got any of my Sunday chores done, and my husband is going to kill me! Lol

Bio spira is Bactria In a bottle. API has a version called quick start

Maybe they act like little kids because they do have helmets! Lol I love how they aren't afraid of anyone so everyone leaves them alone. They can get away with things that my other fish would get a good telling off for!

Go to your local Walmart. They just started carrying Tetra Safe Start.

David

Too late, I already ordered...oh well! I had to go to Walmart anyways, and picked up some safe start too. Lol

I went to the dollar tree, and they had these tiny Tera cotta pots 3/$1. I grabbed two packs. I cleaned them well, and put one in my shrimp tank, and five in my 30 gallon. I think I need one more pot. As soon as I put them in, each of the cory cats decided to claim one! It was so funny! The two smallest decided they can share one for now. I just wanted to give them a place to hide/sleep if they want it. I have to get more plants soon...

I went to the dollar tree, and they had these tiny Tera cotta pots 3/$1. I grabbed two packs. I cleaned them well, and put one in my shrimp tank, and five in my 30 gallon. I think I need one more pot. As soon as I put them in, each of the cory cats decided to claim one! It was so funny! The two smallest decided they can share one for now. I just wanted to give them a place to hide/sleep if they want it. I have to get more plants soon...

Good idea!!!!

Good idea!!!!

Thank you! I know I'm overstocked now, but I'm trying to accommodate everyone. I am going to be checking my parameters daily, so I know if I need to add more wc and/or filtration. I have two more filters that aren't being used, so I can add one if I need to. I have decided that my ACF is going to go in the 10 gallon(everything I've read says that's enough for one) and that should help my stocking.

My hubby just told me to start looking for a bugger aquarium! He said he doesn't want to see me stressing over if the fish have enough room. I am thinking about a 55-60 gallon. That would allow everyone w lint more room that the 30 gallon they are in now!

My hubby just told me to start looking for a bugger aquarium! He said he doesn't want to see me stressing over if the fish have enough room. I am thinking about a 55-60 gallon. That would allow everyone w lint more room that the 30 gallon they are in now!

Sweet!! Either one would be fantastic. There's not really a diff between a 55 or 60(besides 5 gallon which can be better but not by much.) The 60 will be a smudge taller. If it was between a 55 or 60 I'd get the best deal. OR a 75g :)

Back
Top Bottom