I.D. this creature!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh wow, will it get big? I thought it was a shrimp....LOL should have known better, it's never that simple.....rats....I hope if it gets bigger it won't eat my fishies!!!

Well, it is very little right now....about an inch long, and it's pichers are very tiny so, he can't grab any fish right now. I hope he doesn't get any bigger.

It will "EAT" you fish thats what they do.. As a Kid in the south I used to love and watch them at the creek and catching little fish..

Awww crap, I guess he'll have to go somewhere else then....can't have him scarfing down my fishies. Would he eat (or be eaten by) an African Clawed Frog? I have a 10 that I could put him in if not.

We have those exact same kind of crayfish at school, they're already like 3-4" big and then we have 3/4" ones that'll get bigger. So yeah, they get kinda big lol The crayfish would pick on your frog especially since they spend a great deal of time on the bottom WITH the crayfish

i had a pretty blue one of those ... that is if you can call them pretty. I never had a problem with him eating my fish, but maybe thats cuz my fish ate him lol. I say if you like him get a 5 or 10 gal tank. You can keep him in a non heated tank and feed him algea wafers and sinking carnivore pellets. They are pretty cool. Just keep a lid on the tank or else he might escape.

Japola44 said:
I never had a problem with him eating my fish, but maybe thats cuz my fish ate him lol. You can keep him in a non heated tank and feed him algea wafers and sinking carnivore pellets. They are pretty cool. Just keep a lid on the tank or else he might escape.

Totally agree.... Another thing you can keep it with fish that are always swimming. anything it has time to grab it will take a bite, alge eaters, pleco's ect.... Anything big enough will usually get away or eat the BLUE MARRON as they're called here. Great for cleaning any food that falls to the bottom of the tank while feeding. I think it will be harmless for another month or two.

Thank you so much....that gives me plenty of time to set-up a tank for him. OMG...this MTS deal has got to stop!!! lol

OMG...this MTS deal has got to stop!!! lol

haha you have no idea!
I have been doing this fish stuff for about 6 months... I already have a 5gal, a 20gal, a 50gal, and a 55 gal. Tehehe!

Sounds like me.....I started with one betta bowl in June of last year and now I have 3 betta tanks, a 10 gallon frog tank,a 29 gallon community tank, a 55 gallon that I'm setting up now, and now a crayfish tank. lol

I have Bubbles, the blue crayfish. He lives in the 5 g with an increasing number of minnows. He hides during the day in his skull shaped home, and fishes during the night. I just don't watch!

He is really cool looking and doesn't require a lot of care (PWC once a week, food once every other day, a filter and no heater).

My daughter had another one in a 10 g that made a number on a new batch of tiger barbs. He just chew them up!!! After that he was kept alone until he left for cray fish heaven. :-(

I recommend you keep him isolated and if you want to be really nice to him, give him "room mates" you do not care much for!

As far as tanks go, where do i start?
I have been doing it for 3 1/2 years stared with a 3 ft. Had alot of tanks come and go.....
At the biggest point i had about 3500litres in 9 tanks. ( just shy of 1000 gal)
Now i have about 2300litres in 7 tanks. largest being my 8x2x2ft. 1 tank 4x2x2ft, 2 tanks 2x2x2ft, another 4x2ft x 20inches, a 6x2ft x20inches and a standard 2ft medicinal tank.
And to top it all off, ive had to move twice in the last 12months!!!! PURE NIGHTMARE!!!![/quote]

Back
Top Bottom