I did it again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenphantom

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I had alot of stuff going on the last month or so and I have neglected my tank so yesterday I had a few hours of free time so I did about somewhere between 40 and 50% water change didn't really clean the filters one is a aquaclear 110 and i have ac and ammonia pellets and the sponge well the sponge was shot so I had to put a new one in (sponge) just lightly rinsed the other media put the new sponge in the water I used to clean the other media the other filter has no media in it at all because that one is a worthless piece of crap it plugs up in a couple days it is one of those whisper side by side hang on back anyway I know I am under filtered and I knew I wasnt suppose to change media during a water change but I didnt have much choice. So I got up this morning sure enough cloudy water so my question is how can I get rid of the cloudy water without chemicals my tank is a 120 breeder I have had this problem before and got all this junk from a pet store couldnt tell u what it was and it cost me my favorite 4 fish an about 400.00 bucks so help

You got a "bloom" and you are probably now in a Mini Cycle....You need to really keep your eye on you Levels (Ph, ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate) and you are probably looking a Daily PWC's. for a Week or So....

It happens, just need to keep an eye on it.

You got a "bloom" and you are probably now in a Mini Cycle....You need to really keep your eye on you Levels (Ph, ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate) and you are probably looking a Daily PWC's. for a Week or So....

It happens, just need to keep an eye on it.
Yep, just really pay attention to your parameters, you have a bacterial bloom and a mini-cycle. Daily PWCs until it goes away is the most efficient method.

Well i went and bought a master test kit everything is testing good it cleared up over night i am amazed it never cleared that quick so i will test in morning and let u know

Back
Top Bottom