I did the sumbest thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So you guys want me to get rid of the gold fish i think i can give it to my friend he has a pond but its already stocked with fish and the fish are actually pretty large so i guess one more fish wont hurt : )

Oh and one more thing if i get rid of the goldie can u guys tel me exactly what to get

Like how many of this and that to make it be nice and for the fish to thrive thank you

We just want what's best for you and your fish. And, unfortunately for you, yes, that would mean parting with the goldfish. I'm sure once you decide on what you want to keep from the suggestions made, we can help you come up with a time frame for adding them, and how many. Or, I would suggest taking a walk through the local fish store, take notes of all the fish that catch your eye, come back, research those fish to see if they are compatable with your setup, or post them here and well help you find the right fish for you. HTH

Here are two sites that are helpful in researching fish sizes and compatability.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/categ.cfm?pcatid=830

http://fishprofiles.com/profiles/fw/

I'd go with 6 corys and your betta or 3 corys, 4 smaller tetras, and your betta. Either setup will do well and should be easy to maintain.

if i get 3 corys and 4 tetra do the corys and tetras have to be of the same breed. I mean will the tetras school if they rae different breeds. and will the different corys get along with each other? : )

Ok thanks for the help oh and what type of corys and tetras do you think i should get i dont really like the regular neons anymore i dont like the transparency thing and im gonna get a 50 gallon starter kit soon from petco for 200 dollars comes with all the equiptment but no decorations or gravel or anything just the equiptment do you think it is worth 200 dollars and petco rips people off too much pets mart is much cheaper : )

How soon are the fish moving? for ten gallons neons, black neons, cardinals Etc. Im sure other people will have other ideas.

I like bronze, or pepper corys,

I agree with Rich. Though I have seen different cories "hang" together. I just think aesthetically the tank will look nicer if you get the same types.

Regarding the breeding of the Snails: Apple snails will breed in an aquarium setting. But you can prevent it from happening. If you raise your water level so they can't get out of the water, they won't have a place to lay the eggs.

What kind of Tetra's do you like? I just bought 6 Hi Fin Serpae Tetra's and 6 Panda cories. They are both so cute. They are actually acclimating as I type. :D

I like panda and albino cories. I also like black skirt tetras. The serpaes are very cool looking. Jchillin has some pics of these guys. I'd like to get some one day.

hyetexa2001 said:
Ok thanks for the help oh and what type of corys and tetras do you think i should get i dont really like the regular neons anymore i dont like the transparency thing and im gonna get a 50 gallon starter kit soon from petco for 200 dollars comes with all the equiptment but no decorations or gravel or anything just the equiptment do you think it is worth 200 dollars and petco rips people off too much pets mart is much cheaper : )

Wal-Mart sells an AquaTech kit with all the equipment, too. 55gal for $150. Just thought you might like t'know.

How come my wal mart doesnt have anything for fish hmm maybe i should look better next time do all of you have fish section at wal mart and what about live fish? : )

There are fish sections at all the Wal-Marts around here. They are pretty useless IMO. Their live fish always bring ich and don't look that healthy. They are good for small things like air tubing or nets.

Depends on the Walmart. My Walmart doesn't carry fish but the ones outside my town does. And not all Walmarts sell bad fish. you just have to be selective and really check them out before buying. I got most of my africans from a Walmart that their dept manager takes great care of their tanks, and they have never been sick or had ich. And then, there are some Walmarts that I would never consider buying from. But yeah, my Walmart does sell the tank setups. 10g for 39-49 dollars (price depends what lights you get), 29g for 94 dollars and the 55's for 158.00. They are decent enough kits.

Their tanks seem pretty good. The Wal-Mart in my town is actually pretty good, their fish are almost always healthy except for feeder goldfish and such. Got some tetras there, and my betta, and my snail. Gunna get the 55 gallon kid in a couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom