I finally chose my focal fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally chose my focal fish:flowers:....BR....they are currently being acclimated by drip acclimation.....does anyone know how to sex them?

Well there were 2 tanks and one said blue bolivian rams and the other one did not have blue on it...anywho I got 2 bolivian rams they are so pretty....is there a difference or are they the same fish?

Yeah they are a little different GBRs tend to have more color and stay a little smaller. They are generally more difficult to keep.

I've never heard of blue Bolivian rams, that's not sayin they don't exist tho.
Is it possible one tank had gbr and the other had bolivians? Can we see pics?
Glad to hear you're dripping them. Alot of people rush through that step.

German blue ram (pic 1)

Bolivian ram (pic 2)

Attachments

• image-2234856129.jpg
    image-2234856129.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image-874157553.jpg
    image-874157553.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 105
i have the pic on the right...my pics are coming up soon

Update: I cannot seem to delete some older pics in our attachment area so I can just pot the pic...does anyone know how to delete them?

Well here are the pic links and does anyone have suggestions of a good food to help them color up beautifully?

Also, tell me if you think this one is a female?
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/66406-albums10700-picture48195.html

Do you think this one is a male?
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/66406-albums10700-picture48193.html

I've never had any luck sexing bolivians but I can say NLS products will help them color up for you. NLS and frozen foods is all I feed my gbrs.

Can you get a picture of the one questioned male so I can see the tail? Pic one looks like a female. On Bolivians males have much more concave tails with more defined tips. Here's a pic of my female... Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g inhabitants - Picture

Here is one of my male... Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g inhabitants - Picture. Also the males have very distinct pink edging to the fins and tail. My female doesn't have this.

Can you get a picture of the one questioned male so I can see the tail? Pic one looks like a female. On Bolivians males have much more concave tails with more defined tips. Here's a pic of my female... Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g inhabitants - Picture

Here is one of my male... Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Rivercats's Album: 220g inhabitants - Picture. Also the males have very distinct pink edging to the fins and tail. My female doesn't have this.

I hope this one is a bit better
Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Geronica's Album: Pics - Picture

Geronica,
Beautiful fish! I was debating between bolivian and german blues for my show fish, but was worried about the german blues being so much harder to care for. I think your fish have sold me on the bolivian. :)
Also, what kind of substrate/sand are you using? It looks really nice in your tank.

Geronica,
Beautiful fish! I was debating between bolivian and german blues for my show fish, but was worried about the german blues being so much harder to care for. I think your fish have sold me on the bolivian. :)
Also, what kind of substrate/sand are you using? It looks really nice in your tank.

Thank you. My sand is pool filter sand from home depot (under 10.00 for 50 pounds)

Back
Top Bottom