Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-09-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
i finally decided what im going to put in my 10 gallon

im going to stock it with emerald eye rasboras, dwarf corys, and sparkling gouramis. im planning on around 5-6 rasboras 4 dwarf corys and 1-2 gouramis.. of course im going to do this slowly, and since this fish are so small.

i think a dwarf tank will be really cool.

i know this is overstocked but ill add them slowly

Old 06-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to mr86mister
well with your experience, i think you're allowed to overstock a bit if you keep up with everything....just overstocking is bad for beginners

Old 06-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, my 20 gallon is more overstocked than that. None of those fish get larger than 1 1/2 inches so it's not like you will have a massive bioload in there or something. As long as you have good filtration and you keep up on your PWCs I don't think you will have any problems. You've also chosen fish that will not only get along, but will hang out in different areas of the tank. I think your tank will be awesome and I'd love to see pics when you are done.
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 01:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
yeah i already have 4 dwarf corys and 4 emerald eyes. im hoping tthe lfs can order the sparkling gourami soon, because they usually dont see it on their ordering list...

oh i forgot otos. ill probally add 2-3, when they gon on sale at petco. and ill wait a week to get a stronger batch... kinda cruel but it makes me feel worse when they die in my tank last time i tried their otos they all died and took one of mine. so i want to be prepared.

Tags
10 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com