I finally found some shrimp! and surprise!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at my LFS today, and i asked some guy that worked there if they

had any freshwater species of shrimp. He said "yes, we have ghost

shrimp scattered around in all the tanks for 35 cents" I jumped right on

that and bought three(thats all they had left). When he got them into the

bag i noticed they looked rather different than the pictures of ghost

shrimp i have seen on the internet. Wehn i got outside into natural light,

i saw that they barely looked like ghost shrimp. They had little brownish

red speckles. I was so excited, they were actually amano shrimp :eek: !

for 35 cents a peice! Now that is a great deal in my eyes. I will be going

back soon to see if they have more , hopefully the next shpment are

amano shrimp as well. I just thought i would share that with you all. I

am too excited about this!

This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of the User Agreement could result in removal from our community.

A moral person would have told the guy they were amano shrimp and not stolen them at the price of ghost shrimp. The LFS may even have still given them to you at that price.

This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of the User Agreement could result in removal from our community.

Flame me if you'd like...but a deal isn't a deal when its stealing and you knew better.

can we get a pic of the shrimp in question?

IceH2O, wow, i have never read such an attack on here.

I didnt notice they were anamo shrimp until i got out onto the street in natural sunlight, and these were th only type of shrimp they carried. So they must have come in marked as "ghost shrimp" when they are really not. They didnt have any other shrimp marhed there except ghost shrimp, but all they had were anamo shrimp. How the heck could i put a kid on the street, he was like 17, probably still lived with his parents! and who the heck are you to say that i am immoral. I just bought some friggin shrimp that turned out to be labelled wrong. If i could say stronger words on this site, i think you would hear them all. I didn't know better, and neither did the person shipping these to the LFS. besides it was a "big box" LFS. I didnt "steal" them, i bought them for what their price was, it just so happened that they were amano shrimp instead of ghost shrimp as what they were labelled as. This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of the User Agreement could result in removal from our community.

Although I understand your frustration, I removed the last line of your post for the above reasons. The offensive individual has already been kicked from this thread.

I would request that no one comment on the offensive post.
Thanks

Something similar has happened with me before. We purchased a black African Mbuna that the lfs labeled as "Blue Cichlid". After I got in the car I realized that it was a Tanzanian Black Acei. They sold it to me for something like $4.

Congrats on the shrimp purchase!

1.20 is pretty cheap for amanos i think. here theyre around 3.00

dunno if this is commenting *on the post, but if something is mislabeled its the stores fault for mislabeling it. which is why when they mess up in a newspaper ad, they need to sell it for the advertized price. and it also could have been the amanos came in instead of ghost shrimp. because one time instead of feeder white clouds, they brought in baby danios?

Please post an image. From your description, it's by no means certain that these shrimp are actually Caridina multidentata.

krap101, that sometimes happens at the store I work for. Not too long ago our supplier sent us panda corys in place of pygmy corys. The wholesale price on pandas is much more than for pygmys so it worked in our favor, but if I hadn't noticed it we would have marked them as pygmys. Sometimes the opposite happens. At our store, the policy is that if we price something wrong, we sell it to the customer at the cheaper price, so they probably would have sold the shrimp to waterpond at the ghost shrimp price anyway.

Here's my feeling. Prices are set in a store by cost. That is, what it costs the store to purchase from their supplier, and then what markup they apply to the product so they can stay in business and make a profit. What the real question is however is that if these are indeed Amano shrimp, where is this supplier! Because you could make a pretty penny as a wholesaler if these are indeed legit.

And congrats on your find!

Please post a pic.

Back
Top Bottom