I fixed it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
So today I noticed my water flow coming off my filter very sparatic and not as strong. So I took the impeller out along with the tube. Grabbed a new toothbrush(sterilized it), scrubbed the poop out of the impeller blades, and all pieces connected to it. I placed the unit back in the filter, turned power on and boom water flow was 100x better. Now I just have to fear the wife since I think it was her new toothbrush I took out of the cabinet. Has anyone else done this before?

On another note it's been so cold here lately I haven't been able to go rock hunting with my 3 year old and I'm getting evil looks. What kind of rock should I be looking for when I do get to go? What's best for a tank?

Im just back from rock hunting with my wee ones, was great fun went to a wee river not far from here n loaded up the bottom of the pram lol now I need to clean them up and see wat 1s will look best in my tank, I look for rocks that don't chip easy n look good lol thats my knowledge of rocks lol very limited, but on another note its a great way to keep kids entertaind and get them out doors to play, just remember ur wellies lol we got soaked lol

loki Xxx

One trick to see if a rock is safe for your tank is to drop some vinegar on it and see if it bubbles, bubbles being bad. Also, you can put a rock in some water, test the parameters, wait a couple days, then test again to see if it changed drastically.

Back
Top Bottom