I found him! ALIVE!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patagonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
oh my god!!! i just turned the lights on and i was giving the tank a last inspection looking for the oto...and i found him! he was stuck in a narrow slot the piece of driftwood has in the back...actually his head was stuck there...hes been there for 5 days! i though he was dead...but no! i got a tooth pick and gently tried to get him out...took a while but he went swimming to the bottom of the tank right away...he probably rushed there when the @#!%^ glass top fell in and got stuck...im gonna leave the lights off today just to give him a little break and time to recover...he must be completely freaked out...he has no visible physical damage...well....let me tell ya...i truly truly love these guys...and now i have 4 of them... :lol:

thanks guys...hes still here with us...he has the top of his head a little scratched but other than that hes good...he eats well so i guess he will recover just fine...i added some melafix to the water just in case...to help that scratch heal a little bit faster...im really glad hes ok...and i agree that is nice to hear a happy ending for a change... :D
oh by the way...dont you ever buy those glass tops from marineland that are supposed to fit on the 29gal tank by marineland too...they are cut a little bit too short...look what happened to me :evil: ...got another 2 otos for free though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom