Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-09-2004, 08:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to krap101
i got a free ramshorn snail for free (baby)

i went to petco in janesville since my sis had to go up there and didnt see anything i could fit or i liked. so i asked her if i could have some of those pest snails to feed my puffers. she said yes and i told her theres usually lots in the plant tanks. so she goes around looking for as many snails as she can find (since the tanks'll look cleaner) so i bring them home and dang some of those were really big. when i went home i fed one to my puffers and man those shells were hard!

and once i looked more closely i saw a ramshorn snail. im thinking of putting it with my brichardi's since i dont think ill have few if not any plants in there. its like |--| right now. im pretty sure its a ramshorn though.

Old 06-30-2004, 03:42 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to dhs9831 Send a message via Yahoo to dhs9831
I love ramshorns for some reason, I have a tank dediacated just to them... all snail no fish!

Old 06-30-2004, 02:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol. 2 late. i forgot to do a water change in their jar and it was filthy. ididnt want to put them in my tanks because they'd eat my plants. there was a gelly film on top of the jar. lol i lost it :'(. its all my fault. but i guess im more into the apple snails. imo their cuter. i have like 7 of em in my 29 gallon
Old 06-30-2004, 02:22 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
I'm surprised they're alive 8O ... I had 3 in my 29 gallons and one died from not having enough algae to eat, despite dropping in algae waffers.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:24 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

oh i bought one like 6 months ago. lol the one i bought 3 months ago is already 2ce the size of the other one. and they were the same size when i bought them.

Tags
baby, rams, ramshorn snail, snail

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com