I have a problem with livebearing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishing

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm having a problem with my mollies and playies in my 10 gallon community. They do fine for a while and then all of a sudden they get stringy poo and start to lose weight and eventualy die. I went to my lfs and they told methat it was internal parasites of some kind and they recommended GarlicGuard by Seachem. They aldo said that I could use other types of garlic, too if i didn't want to buy it. They told me to just soak my fishfood in the solution for a few minutes and then feed to the fish and continuethe regimen for two to three weeks. This sounds promising because I've read that garlic is very effective in killing off internal parasites in the digestive tract if fed directly to the fish for so long. I'd much rather do this than screw around with medications which might do more harm than good or just plain not work to begin with. Should I go for the plunge and take their advice?

I too have heard stories of garlic being a wonder drug when it comes to "deworming" tropical fish and I have even heard of it curing ich. If you do try it definitely keep us posted on whether it worked or not.

Back
Top Bottom