i have little tiny white bug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its a bug but it sorta looks like alittle tiny crawling white spot it swims and crawls on the glass

My guess is some kind of copepod. Fairly common and harmless. And usually indicates that you are either;
1: Overfeeding; or
2: Not cleaning your tank enough.

How much do you feed and how often? How often do you do a gravel vaccum of your tank, and when was the last time you did one?

i need to clean my tank i just havent yet because my fish keep having babies.. i was planning on doing it tomorrow anyways but now i have a huge reason too. ew gross little bugs

Yeppers. That's the problem. Don't worry about them at all, just from a dirty tank. Might want to keep an eye on your water parameters too, since it's been a while. And clean that gravel. :)

Good luck.

Planaria. As Devilishturtles mentions, not harmful to the fish, and often result from excess debris accumulating in the gravel. Increased water changes and gravel vacs usually solve the problem. Most aquarists will go through this at some point! Welcome to the club... :wink:

yes i was going to clean it saturday but woke up to 30 some new babies and have been catching more since so i didnt want to gravel vac up babies :wink: so tomorrow if no more babies im cleaning my dirty tank :D

Back
Top Bottom