I have MTS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littlebitlarisa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I believe I have caught multiple tank syndrome. I blame everyone here:lol:

Found a 46 gallon bowfront that I am picking up today for cheap. Comes with stand, heater, filters, decor, rocks, and fish! All I know that it has in it are a dozen or so fish two of which are small catfish and a angle fish. I will post pics and see if you guys can help me id the rest. :brows:

Any tips for transporting and setting up for the fish? Im driving a hour to get it. I figure as soon as I get home I will get a airstone in whatever I transport the fish in to give me a little extra time to get the tank back up. Does that sound ok?

:thanks:

Well, you can't blame me! I am only up to three! Of coarse there is the 10 out in the garage.. and the 20 plex in a storage shed.. and I have been looking at craigslist a lot .. and .. hmm.

I have lots to tell and pic to share but it will be later.

I have a question.

The gravel it came with is ugly. I have enought sand to do this tank with it but how would I go about keeping the bb from the old gravel in the tank but not keeping the gravel. The deco got dried out so the bb from it is not any good.

What can I put some of the gravel in that I can just pull it out at a later time?

littlebitlarisa said:
I have lots to tell and pic to share but it will be later.

I have a question.

The gravel it came with is ugly. I have enought sand to do this tank with it but how would I go about keeping the bb from the old gravel in the tank but not keeping the gravel. The deco got dried out so the bb from it is not any good.

What can I put some of the gravel in that I can just pull it out at a later time?

A nylon stocking or mesh bag

I got my 10g in May and now I have a 10g, 2.5g, 29g and a 55g. The 55g is not set up yet and won't be until after the new year and that will just be fancy goldfish. The 29g is cycling and will be ready in a few weeks (fingers crossed). I'm trying to do it quickly because I now have 40 platy fry that I will need to house...after I give some away, I'm sure.

having some trouble. I can't seem to get the filter to work. I know it works becuse i saw it running before I brought it home. I cannot find a make or model on it. The motor runs but it is not flowing out water. It seems like a piece is not fitting. Please excues me I do not know what the parts are called.

Here are some pics can anyone help?
img_1651985_0_5d19bbc2d3135d580d2d31ab552514b8.jpg

img_1651985_1_6f7e6828d830b6e1d060a61d1e51ffd7.jpg

img_1651985_2_b2d633b31ba066b19dd8591e531fed03.jpg

its like there is no suction...I am kinda freaking out as these fish have been in a bucket for a while :(

It's a MarineLand. Either a Penguin 350 or Emperor 400. Clear lid = Penguin, black lid = Emperor. Not sure of other aesthetic differences between them.

Pull out the impeller and clean it. Clean out the inside of the tube. They get real mulmed up.

Hholly said:
Did you prime it? You have to pour water in the part where the filter pads are.
Yes true. If it sounds like its sucking air then pour some tank water into it.

From those pics it looks a little dirty. Pull the filters and media cages and give them a good rinsing in some old tank water. Clean off the wheel pegs and give the wheels a good shake in old tank water. Clean out the "bearings" (where the wheel pegs sit). The wheels on mine stop turning if the intake tube gets mulmed up and causes blockage. If you don't have a long pipe cleaner take the tube to the sink, run some water in it and give it a good shake. It's ok if the wheels turn slowly so long as they are still turning.

one wheel is working the other I think is broke. Even if I try to push it it catches so i think i need to replace it.

I think I got a really good deal on this even if the filter doesn't work quite right.

Some of these fish I do not think will beo compatible. I will get better pics tomorrow to id them. The water is very cloudy still and some of them are being really shy.

1 angle fish
1 upside down catfish
2 pictus
3 gourmi of some type
5 lemon tetras ?
1 red eye tetra
two of something Some type of tetra maybe?
a loach of some kind?
some kind of striped sucker fish

All the fish, a heater, gravel, decorations, filter, air pump and stone, and the tank and stand for $110 and they helped load. :dance:

Nice.

You can get replacement wheels and "bearings" from many sources online and 'brick and mortar'.

My filter is the emperor 400. Is that a acceptable filter or should I add something else.

Back
Top Bottom