I have no idea if I should worry about this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mgrassi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a larger tank that I am setting up right now so that my 30 shrimplets can go into. However, in the tank I currently have them in, about 12-20 of the 30 babies are constantly up at the surface.

The remaining and my 3 other adult shrimp are crawling over decorations, the bottom, and mid way up the tank walls. All the shrimp move around, none are stationary for more than 5 min, and a good majority of them are constantly eating. The only param that's iffy in my tank are the nitrites. Nitrite fluctuates from 0-.50 (I know, bad...but it doesn't ever spike...it's a gradual increase). Even at 0, they're up there. I don't have a filter in there, but I do 15-20% water changes daily (thanks to SO MANY of them in a small area), and "bubble" the surface 3 times a day with the help of a large turkey baster.

When they ARE huddled at the top, they're in groups, not spaced out, and sometimes crawl all over each other. Maybe it's nothing, and they're just eating stuff that is very near the surface.

Any thoughts...? Please???

Back
Top Bottom