I have sand!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freefour

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone after a week and a couple of days I put my golds in to the redone tank today . I took out the old gravle (it kept hideing so much gunk keeeping my rank polluted ,well the golds helped on that part) and put in sand . They love it! Of course they had to figure out that this wasn't the gravel after the first few mouthfuls of sand they grew acustom to it. They are haveing a ball and it is so much easier to clean .

Attachments

• tank_with_sand_in_it._581.jpg
    tank_with_sand_in_it._581.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 56
How do you use a python with sand? Aren't you gonna get sand in the tube and down your sink when you suck up the gunk?

slroo said:
How do you use a python with sand? Aren't you gonna get sand in the tube and down your sink when you suck up the gunk?

Some sands are smaller than others (Pool sand is heavier than play sand, etc). When I PWC, I can actually put my end of my python on my sand, and I lose none. I can even dig around in the sand w/ the python, and I lose very very very little (maybe 100 granules? Which is NOTHING). Pool Filter Sand and the Python are the two best inventions ever, and can be used together in harmony ;)

SUNP00022.JPG

Tank_with_sand_in_it_.JPG

Look at the difference! Is that a real java in the back? If not... when are you doing low light real plants ;) They are easy to take care of......

The plants are silk, I was thinking of real an may do that soon . The lighting is actualy brighter but not like the one with the gravel . I use flouresent 40 watt ( well they give off the same as a 40 watt each) they only draw 10 watts each . The sand doesn't reflect the light like the gravel did. But it looks so much better.

that looks magic mate, well done.

I'm not a big fan of the coloured stones at all so I give it 9kazillion out of 10 for looks.

what, if any, are the advantages of sand over gravel. apart from the aesthetics.

bigmac1878 said:
what, if any, are the advantages of sand over gravel. apart from the aesthetics.

-Easier to clean (due to the fact that it all sits on top)
-Depending on the fish, some prefer gravel, some sand. Example... cichlids usually prefer sand, and almost all catfish prefer it. Plus they put it in their mouths and spit.... quite a fun thing to watch :D
-Less expensive

Other than that.,,, pretty much aesthetics

Very easy to clean, plus my golds just seem to love it more. They seem more playfull and sometimes looks like they are playing in the sand (like they are blowing it around ).

thanks...Just did a pwc and no cloud up at all. Best thing is none of the sand (well except the very loose and light dust) was taken out. Very easy to clean./

Back
Top Bottom